Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) validates apprentice knowledge required to design a Cisco converged network. With a CCDA certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations. The CCDA curriculum includes designing basic campus, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks.
The CCDA indicates a foundation knowledge of network design for the Cisco converged network. CCDA certified professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations.
This five-day course will enable learners to gather customer internetworking requirements, identify solutions, and design the network infrastructure and elements to ensure the basic functionality of the proposed solutions. The purpose of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to achieve associate-level competency in network design. Most of the Cisco Design Specializations list having a CCDA certification as one of the prerequisites.
This course focuses on the foundational skills and knowledge necessary for professionals entering the specialization of network design or working as an apprentice to a more experienced network design engineer. Topics include design of routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organizations, including service virtualization. The Enteprise Composite Model used in the course facilitates the design, planning, implementation, operation and optimization (PDIOO) through modular design and focus on the relations between modules.
This course prepares students for Cisco Exam 640-864 Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN).
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
• Discuss methodology in network design.
• Describe how to structure and modularize the network design using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture Design the Enterprise Campus and Enterprise Data Center modules.
• Design the Remote Connectivity modules as needed.
• Design a network addressing plan and select a suitable routing protocol for a given network design.
• Evaluate security solutions for the network.
• Discuss the design implications of voice transport across the network.
• Discuss the design implications of wireless networking.
It is strongly recommended that learners have the following skills before attending the DESGN course:
• Cisco CCNA® level knowledge
• Practical experience deploying and operating networks built with Cisco network devices and Cisco IOS software
• CCNP® level knowledge of Cisco switching, as found in the Cisco SWITCH (or BCMSN) courses